navbar

Style Music Literature Life Food Craft Art

Monday, April 7, 2014

A Tea Time Snack

Having tea in the afternoon is the closest I can possibly get to living overseas right now. It's something that gives me hope. It keeps me wondering, thinking. Other than the fact that it tastes amazing, afternoon tea is my time to unwind and find my center again, to live with purpose.

Today I wanted to share a recipe with you of one of my favorite tea cakes: Coconut Macaroons


These can be either chocolate or vanilla, as shown in this batch. This recipe is super simple and easy! It's my go-to snack for days when I want some sugar, but am not in a huge baking mood. (yes every baking-lover has those days!)



Coconut Macaroons

Ingredients:
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I used unsweetened so I didn't have to eat bad sugar)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of honey or sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp chocolate powder (optional)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. If it's too wet or dry, just experiement with the recipe by adding more coconut shreds, or more eggs. With your hands you want to form into ping pong-sized balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-23 minutes, or until golden brown. Brew up your favorite tea and enjoy! *This recipe is GAPS friendly (without added chocolate powder)



No comments:

Post a Comment